Nial

Default Label print creep

Hi,

I am having a problem printing labels. When printing the labels, the print
moves vertically 2.5mm per row, so by the bottom of the page the individual
label print has crept onto the label above. I have researched this problem
on Microsoft's support page, where they discuss a similar problem affecting
multipage prints, but mine happens on page one. I also downloaded the Avery
wizard plug-in for Word but this did not solve the problem. The label
contains 5 rows of text, one of which is an Email link, when viewed in
Print Preview the page is perfect. I am using Word 2000 and Avery labels
L7163 my printer is a HP Laserjet 5P. I have previously printed labels with
no problem. Any help solving this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nial

Mary Sauer

If it worked in the past, it just maybe your paper pick up isn't what is use to be.
Might look at this forum for answers
www.fixyourownprinter.com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Nial" wrote in message
Hi,

I am having a problem printing labels. When printing the labels, the print moves
vertically 2.5mm per row, so by the bottom of the page the individual label print
has crept onto the label above. I have researched this problem on Microsoft's
support page, where they discuss a similar problem affecting multipage prints, but
mine happens on page one. I also downloaded the Avery wizard plug-in for Word but
this did not solve the problem. The label contains 5 rows of text, one of which is
an Email link, when viewed in Print Preview the page is perfect. I am using Word
2000 and Avery labels L7163 my printer is a HP Laserjet 5P. I have previously
printed labels with no problem. Any help solving this problem would be much
appreciated.

Thanks

Nial

Bob S

Usually this means that part of the process thinks that it is using A4
paper and some other part thinks that it is using Letter paper. Check
the paper in the printer; check the printer properties for the size
that it thinks it has; check Page Setup to see what Word thinks; check
the label template to make sure you got the metric not the english
version or vice-versa.

Bob S

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:57:26 +0100, Nial wrote:

Hi,

I am having a problem printing labels. When printing the labels, the print
moves vertically 2.5mm per row, so by the bottom of the page the individual
label print has crept onto the label above. I have researched this problem
on Microsoft's support page, where they discuss a similar problem affecting
multipage prints, but mine happens on page one. I also downloaded the Avery
wizard plug-in for Word but this did not solve the problem. The label
contains 5 rows of text, one of which is an Email link, when viewed in
Print Preview the page is perfect. I am using Word 2000 and Avery labels
L7163 my printer is a HP Laserjet 5P. I have previously printed labels with
no problem. Any help solving this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nial

Can1958 Can1958 is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy

I have the same problem with the same Avery label 7163. I have checked the printer, the label dimensions, and the page set up in Word both in the document and Advanced Display in Word settings. All show A4 metric.

This was working normally. So many things seem to go wrong after Windows 10 updates.