Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default Linking to an autonumber

I create process flows for my job and use Word's autonumber/outline to number
the steps. As such, the flow often links to later or previous steps. I'd
like to create references to the step numbers where I'm not manually entering
them but that they dynamically update if a step is added, removed, etc. Is
this possible? Thanks for any help you can provide!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Andrew:

You can insert a cross-reference to the step in question. Click Insert
Cross-reference. In the Cross-reference dialog box, select Numbered Item from
the Reference Type list and Paragraph Number from the Insert Reference To
list. Then select your step and click Insert.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000