Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hemo hemo is offline

Default Word 2003 Pro on Vista Ultimate

I have loaded Office 2003 professional on a new computer using Vista
Ultimate. I can't now set the font default which worked fine when using
Windows xp pro, i.e.
Format - Font - Select font, size, etc. click default button. Although this
appears to be the same using Vista, when word is re-opened it reverts to its
original setting.
help please
hemo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Failure to retain that setting usually is result of a corrupted or damaged
normal.dot file (location given by Tools - Options - File Locations - User
templates).

I would suggest renaming normal.dot then seeing if the setting will now
"stick".

The other possibility is that changes aren't being saved to Normal.dot. This
sometimes happens due to registry corruption, and less often due to a
misfiring add-in. If simply renaming normal.dot doesn't fix the problem,
then try the other remedies shown here (the name of the article
notwithstanding, it really covers a raft of problems, not just opening):

http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

I can tell you that it isn't a Vista problem, per se, since it's working
fine on a number of computers running Vista (Ultimate and Home Premium)
here.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible