Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LEN

Default Can you turn off the virus scan every time you open Word or Word f

I have Norton antivirus running. Every time I open MSWord I have to wait
until it does a virus scan. Worse is that opening my own files requires
another virus scan. All this is wasted time. Can you turn off the MS virus
scan
Thanxs, Len
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Disable it.
http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=329820
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"LEN" wrote in message
I have Norton antivirus running. Every time I open MSWord I have to wait
until it does a virus scan. Worse is that opening my own files requires
another virus scan. All this is wasted time. Can you turn off the MS
virus
scan
Thanxs, Len

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Word does not have a built-in virus scanner. If you're using
Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the Office Plugin that
comes with it. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820
"How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office
plug-in" for more information.