Kilinski

Default Mail Merge - Date Format

Hi, Just seen your mail from earlier in the year...

I had a similar issue with mail merge from access to word with the date
format.

My solution was to Right click the field in question

Click the "Edit Field"
Then bottom Left is "Field Code", click it...
Top R is "Field Codes" again.
After the mailmerge code I stuck

\@"dd MMMM yy"

and then checked the bottom R box to preserve the format.

Worked for me... Then perhaps you already found it?

Ciao,

"JWF" wrote:

Hi - I have XP Professional with Office 2000. I am mail merging my list from excel which contains a date column that is formatted in the English date format dd-mmm-yy which is perfect. When I mail merge it to a word document is changes to the American format mm/dd/yy. I have tried many things but can't seem to make it work - please help if you can.
Thanks
Jane in Clevedon (by the sea) England