Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andy Andy is offline

Default Sorting numbers as words in an alphabetical index

I am writing a piece about movies, and have compiled an index. I was
wondering whether certain index entries could be listed alphabetically,
rather than numerically - i.e. 8mm under E for eight rather than the number
8, and 101 Dalmations under O for one hundred and one rather than the number
one.

Does anyone have any tips? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I don't think you can do that and I don't think I would want to see it or
find it helpful as a reader.

What you can do is create your index entries with any text you like so you
could have:
8mm{ XE "Eight mm" }

What you can also do is set up cross-references, for example,
{ XE "Eight mm" \t "See 8mm" } or { XE "8mm" \t "Eight mm" }

--
Enjoy,
Tony