Word 2003 Virus Scanning STOP

Default Virus scan on open

All Virus Scanning can be stopped: If your using Norton
Follow the below if you want to open documents much faster
Open Norton
Click on: Norton Internet Security
Click on: Options
Click on: Norton AntiVirus Options
Click on: Miscellanous
Click on: (Disable): Enable Office Plug-in

Hope this helps you out....
ted

"Jimbo" wrote:

When trying to open a .doc file, word takes a long time, and there is a msg.
at the bottom "requesting virus scan". Running Word 2002 SP3, XP-SP1, Norton
2002. I have Word blocked, so it does NOT penetrate through my ZoneAlarm fire
wall (can't sit here sucking my lollipop while Word is chasing links all day
long, LOL). This has been my setup for a while now, except that I don't
recall this virus scan on Word start-up before. Any of you know how to turn
this virus scan feature off so Word gets down to business quicker?
Tkx Jimbo