Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Susants Susants is offline

Default how do I move fonts from my font file to word

I working with a designer who is trying to create a word template for some
customized documents for me.

She has sent me four Open Type fonts to install, which I have done in the
fonts folder in the control panel. The fonts are all Garamond and they are
PremrPro-Bd; PremrPro-BdIt; PremrPro-Med; and PremrPro-MedIt.

When I go to word there is Garamond in True Type (which is there anyway) but
of the new fonts, it only shows only PremrPro and PremrPro Med.

This means some of my template document doesn't have the right fonts.

Why don't all the fonts that I installed show up on the font list in word
and how can I correct this problem? thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It would appear that Word considers the other fonts variants of the ones it
is displaying, to be applied if you select Bold or Italic. In fact, it the
fonts were constructed and named properly, you should see only one variant;
the bold, italic, and bold italic variants would be applied as required.

"Susants" wrote in message
I working with a designer who is trying to create a word template for some
customized documents for me.

She has sent me four Open Type fonts to install, which I have done in the
fonts folder in the control panel. The fonts are all Garamond and they

are
PremrPro-Bd; PremrPro-BdIt; PremrPro-Med; and PremrPro-MedIt.

When I go to word there is Garamond in True Type (which is there anyway)

but
of the new fonts, it only shows only PremrPro and PremrPro Med.

This means some of my template document doesn't have the right fonts.

Why don't all the fonts that I installed show up on the font list in word
and how can I correct this problem? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Susants Susants is offline

ahanks Suzanne.

I thought that too, but its not picking up the bold and itilics when I
first open it. I have to do that manually - if its being sent to me as a word
document with bold and italics already formatted - how come I'm not receiving
it that way?

"Susants" wrote in message
I working with a designer who is trying to create a word template for some
customized documents for me.

She has sent me four Open Type fonts to install, which I have done in the
fonts folder in the control panel. The fonts are all Garamond and they

are
PremrPro-Bd; PremrPro-BdIt; PremrPro-Med; and PremrPro-MedIt.

When I go to word there is Garamond in True Type (which is there anyway)

but
of the new fonts, it only shows only PremrPro and PremrPro Med.

This means some of my template document doesn't have the right fonts.

Why don't all the fonts that I installed show up on the font list in word
and how can I correct this problem? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.printingfonts

I have no answer to that, but you may get a better answer in
microsoft.public.word.printingfonts, to which I am cross-posting this.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It would appear that Word considers the other fonts variants of the ones

it
is displaying, to be applied if you select Bold or Italic. In fact, it

the
fonts were constructed and named properly, you should see only one

variant;
the bold, italic, and bold italic variants would be applied as required.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Susants" wrote in message
I working with a designer who is trying to create a word template for

some
customized documents for me.

She has sent me four Open Type fonts to install, which I have done in

the
fonts folder in the control panel. The fonts are all Garamond and

they
are
PremrPro-Bd; PremrPro-BdIt; PremrPro-Med; and PremrPro-MedIt.

When I go to word there is Garamond in True Type (which is there

anyway)
but
of the new fonts, it only shows only PremrPro and PremrPro Med.

This means some of my template document doesn't have the right fonts.

Why don't all the fonts that I installed show up on the font list in

word
and how can I correct this problem? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.printingfonts
Character[_2_] Character[_2_] is offline

"The fonts are all Garamond and they are PremrPro-Bd; PremrPro-BdIt;
PremrPro-Med; and PremrPro-MedIt."

You (Susants) don't have all the necessary fonts installed!

For instance, you don't have the REGULAR version of Garamond Premier
Pro at all - That is NOT the same font as the truetype that you
already have, so your Premier Pro Bold isn't linked as the bold
version of Garamond.ttf. And Medium isn't the same as Regular, so your
Medium Italics are ONLY linked to Premier Pro Medium. Premier Pro Bold
and Bold Italics aren't linked to anything you have installed.

The Garamond Premier Pro set is internally properly named and linked.
It's a VERY extensive set, part of Adobe's Opticals group, which has
different fonts for use at different sizes. A full discussion (and
some very useful pdf's) can be found he

http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/F/...-10010010.html

It's not clear from this discussion what base fonts are actually
called for in your document. Are they Garamond, Garamond Std, Garamond
Premier, or Garamond Premier Pro? These each represent different
families...

The reason Adobe has created these differently named families is to
avoid just the kind of problems you're having (and other potential
problems, too).

What I would guess you need is just a basic set of Regular, Bold,
Italic, and Bold Italic, from any one of those families. Note that
MSWord is incapable of making use of the wonderful OpenType features
that are included in the Premier and Premier Pro families. Once you
have a compatible set available, uninstall all the Garamonds you have
and install the new set. If you need the other versions for other
projects, the use of a Font Manager would be invaluable - that you
could install only the fonts needed for the project(s) you're working
on at any given time.

If this sounded confusing, it's because it IS confusing. Even Apple is
having problems - Mac OS X can't handle the style linking properly -
it's a known bug just reported to Apple by Adobe's typography manager!

- Character