Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roger Falconer

Default How do I hide text and drawings in a document

I am trying to produce my lecture notes in such a way that the Master has all
the text and drawings and I would like the student copy to have numerous
equations and drawings removed, but with the remaining text etc being in the
same place in the document as in the Master. Thank you to anyone that can
advise me of a convenient way of doing this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Use hidden text. When you print your version, make sure hidden text is set
to print. When you print theirs, don't print hidden text. If you want the
space to be there, then create a style for your answers. Make that style
white text for the student. Change the style to automatic or black text
before printing your copy.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Roger Falconer" wrote in message
I am trying to produce my lecture notes in such a way that the Master has
all
the text and drawings and I would like the student copy to have numerous
equations and drawings removed, but with the remaining text etc being in
the
same place in the document as in the Master. Thank you to anyone that can
advise me of a convenient way of doing this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The usual way to do this is to format the text as Font Color: White and the
graphics as 100% brightness. The text format swapping can be accomplished
with a style (that is, apply a specific style to the text you sometimes want
to hide, and modify the font color of the style as needed), for the
graphics, a macro would be helpful, but if the graphics are all inline, you
can step through them pretty quickly as follows:

1. Select the first graphic in the document. Click Format Picture on the
Picture toolbar. On the Picture tab of the dialog, slide the Brightness
slider to 100%, and OK to close the dialog.

2. Using the Select Browse Object button (between the two browse arrows at
the bottom of the vertical scroll bar), set the Browse Object to Graphic,
and use Next Graphic to go to the next picture.

3. Press F4 to repeat the brightness formatting.

4. Browse to the next graphic and F4 again. Repeat until they're all done.

When you want the pictures to be printed, repeat the process to reset the
brightness to the original setting (the default is 50%).