Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Clemens Mark Clemens is offline

Default How do I hide the names of Addressees in a sent note? ?

I wish to hide the names of the addressees from others when a send a note out
to a broad audience
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Put them in the bcc field.

http://word.mvps.org

"Mark Clemens" Mark wrote in message
news
I wish to hide the names of the addressees from others when a send a note
out
to a broad audience

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And if you don't see the bcc field in your email header area, you'll need to
expose it... how you do that depends on what email program/version you're
using. In Outlook 2007, there's a Bcc toggle in the Options tab in the
email.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Put them in the bcc field.

http://word.mvps.org

"Mark Clemens" Mark wrote in message
news
I wish to hide the names of the addressees from others when a send a note
out
to a broad audience

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

Since the addressees who are listed on the Bcc line will not see their name
or address on the To line and since many spam filters prevent messages from
reaching addressees listed on the Bcc line, this technique might not be the
best way to send messages to a large number of recipients. Fortunately, Word
provides a way to send e-mail messages to a large number of recipients with
just the one intended address on the To line of each message. I have
described the applicable procedures in detail on my Web site at
http://makeofficework.com/sending_e_mail_messages.htm.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz