klam

Default Where Tables Break

My table rows do not break in the right place. The header rows repeat as
they should but I am experiencing two problems: 1. there is too much blank
space left on the page and it starts a new table on the next page, and 2. on
some pages, it prints the table row right thru the footer and the bottom page
margin, right off the page.

I tried separately:
- "Keep with next"
- "Page break before"

I have checked:
- "Allow rows to break across pages" is checked
- no paragraph marks between tables
- word wrap is "None"
- table is not in a frame.

Word seems to not know how long a page is. Any suggestions much appreciated.

TIA,
klam

klam

I checked each cell but could not find the offending one.

Here are some interesting things I did find.
- I read in one of the reference articles that Widow/Orphan control have no
effect in tables, but I wanted to "uncheck" all incidences of it anyways just
to remove all possible hangups. I stumbled upon that while I unchecked in
the cell (entire cell not highlighted, cursor was just in the cell), that if
I went to another paragraph in the cell Widow/Orphan was still on. I have
since gone thru every paragraph in every cell to verifiy that Keep with Next
was not checked.

- I have an old version of the document where the tables "work". When I
cut and paste the tables from that document to this new document, the tables
are either too short on a page or run off the page (doesn't happen in old
version).

- My headerrows for the tables is two rows. I could not tell if the
suggestion was to put the Keep with Next on just the first row or both rows,
so I tried both. Neither worked.

Do these clues help find a possible solution? I am really stumped. Any
suggestions really appreciated?

TIA,
klam

"klam" wrote in message
[...]

klam

I tried to troubleshoot what was going on, and thought about what I had
changed from the last working version to this one. I added this macro (from
a reference article on this site) as I wanted to add a TAB before the
Footnote Text, that's all.

When I rem'd all the statements, my tables worked fine. So can someone pls
tell me what to change in this macro so it doesn't bugger up my page length
and it still puts a TAB btwn the Footnote Reference and Footnote Text?

Sub InsertFootnote()

ActiveDocument.Footnotes.Add Range:=Selection.Range

With Selection
.Paragraphs(1).Range.Characters(2) = ""
.InsertAfter vbTab
.Collapse wdCollapseEnd