Jackie D

Default Date & Time auto update

I have inserted a date and time field that updates automatically in the
footer of a Word 2000 document. This might be a long shot but is there a way
for the date and time to change only when the document has been modified? I
like to keep all previous versions of certain documents so that I can keep
track of improvements. It is a real pain when the date changes just because I
open that document.

I've heard you can 'fix' a date field but I just can't seem to master this
function!

Has anyone got any useful suggestions?
--

Many thanks
JD
Greg

Jackie,

The Date field is going to give you the system date. There are other
fields that you could use.

CreateDate SaveDate PrintDate

See Word's Help for examples of the various fields.

Charles Kenyon

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

oups.com...