Jspagnoli

Default Word experienced an error trying to open the file......

A user has a Word 2003 file that she is sending via a Lotus Notes attachment.
(Lotus Notes was not my idea) - Anyway, she can open the file normally via
Word, and attach the file. However, when other users receive the attachment
in a Notes e-mail (even if she sends it to herself), they are unable to open
it and get the following error message:

Word experienced an error trying to open the file. Try these suggestions.
* Check the file permissions for the document or drive.
* Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space
* Open the file with the Text Recovery converter

I have checked all of the above, and also searched the MS KB and downloaded
the Critical update KB828041, installed it, and that did now work. ALso
installed the latest Office 2003 Service paks to no avail.

How can we correct this problem? Any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.