IainC25

Default How do I set word to print addresses within labels on sheet?

Hi,

I want to print addresses from my excel file onto avery A4 J8160 labels.

When they print (after looking fine on screen, with appropriate margins
etc..) the adreesses are printed outwith the confines of the labels. As
people may know, these labels are not cheap and I have waasted a number of
them trying to do this.

The screen gives me one thing and the printer does another.

Another thing, when matching feilds on mail merge wizard, why do I have to
guess what each feild is arranged on label? This is, in my opinion, a
serious design fault on the part of mocrosoft. This wastes my time guessing
what my labels look like and then having to delete and start all over again.

Thanks for any help.
CyberTaz

Hello-

Re Point #1- Make sure you have the latest printer driver/update fro the
mfr's web site, especially if it is a printer installed before your current
version of Word (which would be helpful to know). Even if your driver is
current, it might not hurt to reinstall a fresh copy, as they do go sour from
time to time.

The printer shouldn't be printing anything Word doesn't tell it to, and that
should be evident in Print Preview. Just to be on the safe side, select the
table of labels, go to FormatBorders and Shading--Borders, & make sure it is
set to None. You can also choose Hide Gridlines in the Table menu, but they
aren't supposed to print, anyway.

Re Point #2- Not sure I'm clear on this one. If you can be more specific
perhaps someone less dense than I can help out.

Regards |:)

"IainC25" wrote:

Hi,

I want to print addresses from my excel file onto avery A4 J8160 labels.

When they print (after looking fine on screen, with appropriate margins
etc..) the adreesses are printed outwith the confines of the labels. As
people may know, these labels are not cheap and I have waasted a number of
them trying to do this.

The screen gives me one thing and the printer does another.

Another thing, when matching feilds on mail merge wizard, why do I have to
guess what each feild is arranged on label? This is, in my opinion, a
serious design fault on the part of mocrosoft. This wastes my time guessing
what my labels look like and then having to delete and start all over again.

Thanks for any help.

Graham Mayor

1. Pracrice on plain paper and overlay a label sheet. Check that the page
sizes match in the page setup and printer options and that the printer
settings have no zoom option set. In some circumstances you may have to
adjust the label settings to increase or reduce the top margin.

2. Don't use the merge wizard - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm You can toggle the
view to see the layout before printing or outputting to a new document.