Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelly Kelly is offline

Default How do I strip manual line breaks

I have a document that was converted from Quark to Word. It has added manual
line breaks and stripped out the paragraph breaks. Is there a way to search
and replace them?

I'm using Word Professional 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BoniM BoniM is offline

Yes. Click Edit, replace from the menu bar. Click the more button. With
your insertion point in the find what box, click the special button and
choose manual line break. In the replace with box enter paragraph mark from
the special list. Click replace all to finish up.

"Kelly" wrote:

I have a document that was converted from Quark to Word. It has added manual
line breaks and stripped out the paragraph breaks. Is there a way to search
and replace them?

I'm using Word Professional 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

You might find this useful for similiar tasks:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Clean_Up_Text.htm