Kushum

Default How to change details in specific records on a mail merged Letter

Hi,
I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice on how I can change
details on specific records on a mail merged document that wouldn't change
the details on all other merged letters. (The data is being sourced from MS
Access 2003, and I am using Office XP).
For example On the letter with:
Record No: 1001 --- (I need to add URN code: 132665)
Record No: 1002 --- (I need to add URN code: 132698)
Taking into consideration that URN is not a database field which can be used
as a source its just a details that needs to be added onto the letter.
Sorry to confuse you, but hope i've explained myself.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks Kush.
Graham Mayor

How many records are we talking about? If it is just a few, merge to a new
document and add them manually. If not, how do you determine which numbers
match which records?

Kushum wrote:
Hi,
I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice on how I can
change details on specific records on a mail merged document that
wouldn't change the details on all other merged letters. (The data is
being sourced from MS Access 2003, and I am using Office XP).
For example On the letter with:
Record No: 1001 --- (I need to add URN code: 132665)
Record No: 1002 --- (I need to add URN code: 132698)
Taking into consideration that URN is not a database field which can
be used as a source its just a details that needs to be added onto
the letter. Sorry to confuse you, but hope i've explained myself.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks Kush.

Kushum

Hi Graham,
Basically the URN number has to be inserted manually after the whole letter
has produced all the information sourced from the database. There's a lot of
data approx:17,000 records.

What i'm trying to do is i need to add information to each letter of each
record after the merging has taken place.

Kushum wrote:
Hi,
I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice on how I can
change details on specific records on a mail merged document that
wouldn't change the details on all other merged letters. (The data is
being sourced from MS Access 2003, and I am using Office XP).
For example On the letter with:
Record No: 1001 --- (I need to add URN code: 132665)
Record No: 1002 --- (I need to add URN code: 132698)
Taking into consideration that URN is not a database field which can
be used as a source its just a details that needs to be added onto
the letter. Sorry to confuse you, but hope i've explained myself.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks Kush.

Kushum

Hi,
It doesn't really matter if it sometimes has a URN number or not....Its like
adding additional piece of information to the letter in regard to that
specific record that is sourced from the database but making sure that
information does not show up on all the other letters.
I'm really sorry about this...I'm trying my best to explain.

Kushum wrote:
Hi,
I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice on how I
can change details on specific records on a mail merged document
that wouldn't change the details on all other merged letters. (The
data is being sourced from MS Access 2003, and I am using Office
XP).
For example On the letter with:
Record No: 1001 --- (I need to add URN code: 132665)
Record No: 1002 --- (I need to add URN code: 132698)
Taking into consideration that URN is not a database field which can
be used as a source its just a details that needs to be added onto
the letter. Sorry to confuse you, but hope i've explained myself.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks Kush.

Graham Mayor

There is no way to insert the URN number automatically if you cannot
identify the method by which you decide which letter has which URN number.
The computer isn't psychic! You are going to have to merge to a new document
and insert the URN numbers in the letters that require them manually. How do
*you* decide which letters require numbers?

Kushum wrote:
Hi,
I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice on how I
can change details on specific records on a mail merged document
that wouldn't change the details on all other merged letters. (The
data is being sourced from MS Access 2003, and I am using Office
XP).
For example On the letter with:
Record No: 1001 --- (I need to add URN code: 132665)
Record No: 1002 --- (I need to add URN code: 132698)
Taking into consideration that URN is not a database field which
can be used as a source its just a details that needs to be added
onto the letter. Sorry to confuse you, but hope i've explained
myself. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks Kush.

Graham Mayor

Problem is that from the first post, the URN number is not in the data file,
which makes it very difficult to suggest a method to merge this unless the
OP can tell us how the URN number is determined.

I see you survived the hurricane? Not too much damage I hope?