Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jillypoos jillypoos is offline

Default Disabling "document map"

Every time I open a word document, new or exsisting, the document map pane
opens on the left of the screen. Obviously I can close it at that stage, but
would like to stop it opening autimatically every time. Can someone tell me
how t do this please. Jill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

After you have removed the Document Map from view and then work on the
document and then save do you see "template has changed do you wish to save
changes" message?
My thoughts are that the change is not being saved to the template,
specifically Normal.dot.
Have you opened the Normal.dot itself? Does this have the Document Map on
view? If it does, remove this, do a small change, save, remove the small
change, save again. Hopefully this will save the view you wish.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"jillypoos" wrote:

Every time I open a word document, new or exsisting, the document map pane
opens on the left of the screen. Obviously I can close it at that stage, but
would like to stop it opening autimatically every time. Can someone tell me
how t do this please. Jill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Is there an auto macro in your Normal template? Are you running an add-in
that could possibly affect this behavior?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jillypoos" wrote in message
Every time I open a word document, new or exsisting, the document map pane
opens on the left of the screen. Obviously I can close it at that stage,
but
would like to stop it opening autimatically every time. Can someone tell
me
how t do this please. Jill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Also note that the display of the document map may be tied to the view; that
is, even if the document map displays in Print Layout view, it doesn't
necessarily have to display in Outline view.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"CyberTaz" wrote:

What I'm seeing here is that if you close the Document Map then modify &
Save the current document the Document Map no longer automatically pops up.

Which version of Word might make a difference but in 2003 certain settings
seem to not get saved to Normal unless a document has been "dirtied".

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/24/09 10:04 AM, in article