Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dbddavid dbddavid is offline

Default modify the Building Blocks Template

Okay where is the building Blocks dotx stored. I would like to modify some of
the entries that were stored in this file.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The file itself is stored in the language sub folder of
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Document
Building Blocks\
but as for editing it, I am pretty sure that you will find that you can only
replace entries by overwriting them with new ones, as with earlier versions,
and for this you don't need to locate the file, but use the Building Blocks
organizer. Note you can still store autotext entries in document templates
also (and move them between the templates of any open documents).
There are some examples of this on my web site eg at
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm