Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
irritatedbygrpahics irritatedbygrpahics is offline

Default HATE Word 2007

Somebody please create a skin or a way to get rid of the new and more helpful
"ribbon". It is taking me five-times as long to create a document then
before. Don't give me new graphic images to learn.... I want a down and
dirty program where I set my preferences once and they are always there. The
old drop down menus were more efficient and took up less space. I don't need
pictures of where my page numbers are going to be! I don't need all the
predesigned margin combinations. I know the difference between the words
"left", "right", and "center", so please don't show me small screen shots of
how the numbers will look. Give me, the user, more control of what I want
done and how I want to do it and stop making things more "helpful". All the
little graphic images are more distracting, not more helpful. Trying to
LEARN what all the little imagea mean is like learning another language...I
don't have the time or desire to learn a new language. And after all the
improvements, I still cannot write mathematical formulas or problems without
the assistence of another program.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....word.newusers
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Given what you want, I have the PERFECT program to recommend. It's called
Word 2003. ;-)

However, if you're stuck with Word 2007, there are several "solutions" that
provide a classic Word interface for Word 2007. If you google the following
terms, you'll find some helpful matches:

word 2007 classic menus

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"irritatedbygrpahics" wrote
in message ...
[...]

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....word.newusers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

I have been a WP user from the 80's and have been using MSW off and on as of
late trying to learn the program. What a waste of my money in the purchase
of the 2007 vintage. Talk about confusing. What does MS think some of the
secretaries are going to do when their boss tries to convert them to this
new version. How about pulling out their hair ... or better yet the boss's
hair.

JB

wrote in message
[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....word.newusers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Thu, 2 Aug 2007 16:44:01 -0700 from irritatedbygrpahics
:
Somebody please create a skin or a way to get rid of the new and more helpful
"ribbon". It is taking me five-times as long to create a document then
before. Don't give me new graphic images to learn

Why don't you use the keyboard shortcuts for operations you perform
frequently? They are much faster than Word 2007's menus or any
earlier version's menus.

--
"The Internet is famously powered by the twin engines of
bitterness and contempt." -- Nathan Rabin, /The Onion/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
djprius djprius is offline

Default I DON'T Hate Word 2007

Well, there's a difference of opinion here. I think prior versions
of Word were clunky and disorganized. Although I could get around them,
they always seemed to me to be a Rube Goldberg collection of grab tools
that was not well thought out or organized.

It takes an hour or two to get used to Word 2007, but then it is easy
to use (except for Styles and Numbering, which are better than in Word
2003 and predecessors, but still need lots of work, in my view).

The two availabe tools on the Office Online site for finding the
correspondence between Word 03 and Word 07 functions do the job nicely
of smoothing the transition.

For someone new to Word or trying to do something that he or she
*hasn't* done before, Word 07 is hands down the winner.

Just my view.

David

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rick Duley Rick Duley is offline

Glad to know I am not alone ;}

I usually work from user-defined templates so I certainly found the
intrusion of the ribbon in 2007 a *colourful language* nuisance. Then I
found I could minimise the ribbon (right click and check it off) and I feel a
little better.
--
Rick Duley
Perth,

[...]

hate the look of applications in 2007 tofallindrops Microsoft Word Help 3 June 17th 07 10:21 PM
I hate that reading layout... take it out MS User by default Microsoft Word Help 6 July 18th 06 02:30 PM
I hate your Word Professional version...it stinks! Ugghh... BD Mailmerge 1 February 20th 06 07:42 PM
I hate auto select John New Users 2 December 12th 05 07:46 PM
I am Canadian and hate centimeters. Stomper Microsoft Word Help 5 July 28th 05 07:58 AM