Kim K

Default Lines and type in field in word

I am fairly sure this has been answered before but I can not find something
that answers what I would like to accomplish so any help is gratefully
appreciated.

I am trying to add lines in my form for others to type on if done
electronically or if printed out have something to write on. When typing in
answers the lines move and no longer are under the text. What is the best
way to add lines into my form so others can type on them and they stay put?

Also, how do I find or create a general type of text field for a document?
I do not want a set length I just want to be able to continue to tpye until
done.

Thanks in advance.

Kim

I answered a similar question (from you?) yesterday as follows:

One easy way to approach this is using MacroButton fields. I'm assuming what
you want is a form that has lines that can be filled in by hand if you print
it out. If you fill it out on the computer, you don't really need the lines;
the text you type in should replace them. So create a MacroButton field as
follows:

1. Press Ctrl+F9. This will insert a field. It will look like this: { }
That is, two things that look like braces (but aren't) with two spaces
between them. The insertion point will be between the spaces.

2. Type MacroButton NoMacro _________________________ (that is, follow the
text with as many underlines as you want for your "blank"; note that the
field can't wrap to the next line).

3. Press F9 to display the field result.

When you print the document, you'll get your blank lines. When you use the
document on the computer, when you click in the field, it will be selected,
and anything you type (assuming you have "Typing replaces selection" checked
on the Edit tab of Tools | Options) will replace the field.

"Kim K" wrote in message
[...]

Kim K

THank you Suzanne, I appreciate your response and will work with this
tonight. No I did not post this question yesterday, although I did entertain
that idea...........have a good night.

Kim