SteveK

Default Inserted jpgs print wrong

I have found that some of the jpg's that I insert into Word 2003 look fine
on screen but are not printing correctly on any of the HP postscript laser
printers. Where one image is supposed to be it prints multiple images
squeezed vertically.

STeveK

Anne Troy

JPG files aren't postscript format. Try using your HP without the postscript
driver.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"SteveK" wrote in message
I have found that some of the jpg's that I insert into Word 2003 look fine
on screen but are not printing correctly on any of the HP postscript laser
printers. Where one image is supposed to be it prints multiple images
squeezed vertically.

STeveK

The PostScript driver is probably a red herring. I have this problem on an
HP DeskJet but not on my HP LaserJet, and many users have experienced it on
a variety of other printers. The only workaround anyone has found is to
print directly to the printer, omitting spooling.

news:ebc91$42b87169$466eb880$18286@allthenewsgroup s.com...

"SteveK" wrote in message
I have found that some of the jpg's that I insert into Word 2003 look

fine
on screen but are not printing correctly on any of the HP postscript

laser
printers. Where one image is supposed to be it prints multiple images
squeezed vertically.

STeveK

Anne Troy

Thanks, Suzanne. I'm really out of the loop with printing issues since I
started working from home.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The PostScript driver is probably a red herring. I have this problem on an
HP DeskJet but not on my HP LaserJet, and many users have experienced it

on
a variety of other printers. The only workaround anyone has found is to
print directly to the printer, omitting spooling.

so
all may benefit.

"SteveK" wrote in message
I have found that some of the jpg's that I insert into Word 2003 look

fine
on screen but are not printing correctly on any of the HP postscript

laser
printers. Where one image is supposed to be it prints multiple images
squeezed vertically.

STeveK

It's one of those issues that seem almost certainly printer driver-related,
yet the printer manufacturers will not accept responsibility (and of course
nor will MS). It seems to affect only certain JPGs, in my case those from my
digital camera or scanner.

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:2152$42b8c3a3$466eb880$24481@allthenewsgroups .com...
Thanks, Suzanne. I'm really out of the loop with printing issues since I
started working from home.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The PostScript driver is probably a red herring. I have this problem on

an
HP DeskJet but not on my HP LaserJet, and many users have experienced it

on
a variety of other printers. The only workaround anyone has found is to
print directly to the printer, omitting spooling.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"SteveK" wrote in message
I have found that some of the jpg's that I insert into Word 2003

look
fine
on screen but are not printing correctly on any of the HP postscript

laser
printers. Where one image is supposed to be it prints multiple

images
squeezed vertically.

STeveK

SteveK

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It's one of those issues that seem almost certainly printer

driver-related,
yet the printer manufacturers will not accept responsibility (and of

course
nor will MS). It seems to affect only certain JPGs, in my case those from

my
digital camera or scanner.

My JPGs in this situation are from CorelDraw. In fact they are vector line
art - which is a pretty inefficient use of a JPG, I know. I switched over
to WMF files to solve this problem since posting. But I have seen this
problem with JPGs from cameras going into Word -- after they were cropped in
Corel Photopaint. --- Also there was some reason why I was using JPG when
I could have used WMF in the first place but I can't remember it right now.

Steve

SteveK

The PostScript driver is probably a red herring. I have this problem on an
HP DeskJet but not on my HP LaserJet, and many users have experienced it

on
a variety of other printers. The only workaround anyone has found is to
print directly to the printer, omitting spooling.

I don't understand. What does spooling do to it?

Steve

sf

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:36:55 -0500, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

I have no idea; all I know is that disabling it works.

How do you disable spooling?

Through the printer Properties. The location and wording of the setting vary
with the printer driver.