Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rangertix rangertix is offline

Default lost file - where is application data?

Help! I can't find a Word file I was working on. I have tried looking in
recent documents, sorting by name, sorting by date, etc. I checked and I
have autorecover on and then I looked at file locations under tools/options
and it shows a long string of filenames, one of which is application data. I
can't find application data anywhere. Is it hidden somehow?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"rangertix" wrote in message
Help! I can't find a Word file I was working on. I have tried looking in
recent documents, sorting by name, sorting by date, etc. I checked and I
have autorecover on and then I looked at file locations under
tools/options
and it shows a long string of filenames, one of which is application data.
can't find application data anywhere. Is it hidden somehow?

This wasn't a document you had received by email by any chance?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

A couple of things to note:
1) If you exit without saving, then Word does not keep your data for
autorecover
2) When prompted to save, you really should select a place and name
that will allow you to locate your file
3) Application Data is a hidden folder (by default) - it is inside
your profile directory (ie, a level above My Docs)