Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed from AZ Ed from AZ is offline

Default Open XML and see tags?

Is there a way to open an XML file in Word 2007 and see the actual
tags, rather than the pink bullet with the tag name?

Ed
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Polaris Polaris is offline

Open a word.xml document with notepad. If you have a word document, for
example: Test.docx, save it as a word xml document:Test.xml and then open it
with notepad.

"Ed from AZ" wrote:

Is there a way to open an XML file in Word 2007 and see the actual
tags, rather than the pink bullet with the tag name?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Ed,

In Word 2007, use Office Button=Word Options=Advanced=General
and turn on [x] Confirm file format conversion on open

Use Office Button=Open to select and open the XML file source view in Word.

Internet Explorer can also display the source of XML files.

==============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Polaris Polaris is offline

Bob,

Thanks for responding to Ed. As a result, I learned something also.

"Ed from AZ" wrote in message ...
Is there a way to open an XML file in Word 2007 and see the actual
tags, rather than the pink bullet with the tag name?

Ed
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed from AZ Ed from AZ is offline

Hi, Bob. I checked the Confirm Conversion, then used Open to open the
file. It did ask me what I wanted to convert from, and I chose XML.
The doc opens, but with the hot pink bullets instead of the tags.

I tried again and chose Encoded Text, and it opened with the tags.

I'm trying to write a macro that will let me edit and inset
information, but I have to search for the tags, and Find doesn't want
to work with the bullets.

Ed

On Aug 18, 10:25*pm, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)" 75214.226(At Beautiful
Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:
Hi Ed,

In Word 2007, use Office Button=Word Options=Advanced=General
and turn on [x] Confirm file format conversion on open

Use Office Button=Open to select and open the XML file source view in Word.

Internet Explorer can also display the source of XML files.

==============
* "Ed from AZ" wrote in ...
Is there a way to open an XML file in Word 2007 and see the actual
tags, rather than the pink bullet with the tag name?

Ed
--

Bob *Buckland *?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

* *Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Tags Moogyblooz Microsoft Word Help 1 July 22nd 08 05:42 PM
rip off tags itwasntus Microsoft Word Help 5 November 8th 07 03:38 PM
NAME TAGS Sycamore Mailmerge 1 August 18th 05 04:49 AM
About Smart Tags!!! shobha Microsoft Word Help 0 February 18th 05 02:39 AM
IF Condition for XML Tags Steve Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 05 09:36 AM