Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
lilbur lilbur is offline

Default Can't print envelopes via Mail Merge

I'm in Office 2007 and Word ... I have made my envelope with Mail Merge via
Outlook Contacts and printing to an HP LaserJet 3600. I had to make a custom
size envelope for my 1/2 fold greeting cards. Never had a problem before
Office 2007 but now all printing moves to the right even though it looks fine
on Preview. HELP!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Did you define the custom size in Word (i.e. in Page Setup)? If so, it
may help to define the custom paper size in the printer driver (not sure
if you can do this with LJ 3600, and how to do it may depend on the
version of windows, but have a look at the printer properties, then
perhaps paper/quality, paper options, size, custom...)

Then see if you can select that custom size in Word-Page Setup

However, there are no guarantess that that will make the difference!

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

lilbur wrote:
I'm in Office 2007 and Word ... I have made my envelope with Mail Merge via
Outlook Contacts and printing to an HP LaserJet 3600. I had to make a custom
size envelope for my 1/2 fold greeting cards. Never had a problem before
Office 2007 but now all printing moves to the right even though it looks fine
on Preview. HELP!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As Peter implies, printer drivers are generally poor with custom page sizes
and adopt the settings of the nearest pre-defined size. The simplest
solution is to create a template using a pre-defined paper size of
approximately the right size and re-position the margins, envelope address
and envelope return paragraph styles so that they print where they are
supposed to when an envelope is tracked through the printer.