Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lynda Lynda is offline

Default cant start a new line were i want on same page?how do i do this?

i need help i cant write up my report because coursa wont go were i want it
to go
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

One way (in Word 2002 and above) to place text wherever you want it is to
enable "click and type," but I don't recommend this. If you just want to
start a new line (without starting a new paragraph), press Shift+Enter.

http://word.mvps.org

"lynda" wrote in message
i need help i cant write up my report because coursa wont go were i want it
to go

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

From your question, I assume you mean you want a line somewhere other than at
the top of the page. There are a number of ways you can do that, depending on
where you want the text to be. You can just space down by hitting Enter
repeatedly, you can insert a text box, or you can center the page vertically.
If you want the line at the bottom of the page, you can put text in a footer.

Fred