Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
charles charles is offline

Default Section Break issue

I am working in a Word 2003 master document that contains seven
subdocuments. I have a footer that consists of a centered page number.
All my footers are set to "same as previous." Several of the pages at
the end of the master document have sections that are formatted as
landscape so they can hold wider type graphics. The trouble is that my
page numbers are not centered properly on the landscape sections. If I
turn off "same as previous" then I do not get any page numbers at
all. How do I get centered page numbers on the landscape sections
just as I get them in other places in the document on my portrait
pages? Thank you very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Instead of centering the page numbers using the built-in center tab stop
(which is positioned for portrait pages), just center the PAGE field
(Ctrl+E). Or unlink the sections and change the position of the tab stop.

http://word.mvps.org