Mike Williams

Default non-dynamic chart loses elements in merge

With Office XP
I have an excel database and a word mailmerge form, and I'm merging to
outlook/email. In the merge form is a chart (not dynamic) generated in
Excel and pasted into the form. Yesterday, I used this setup from home and
merged/emailed, and the chart (a simple bar graph) came out fine. Today,
using the same files on a different PC (at the office), the chart comes out
fine except the bars are missing. I know of no settings different from one
machine to the other. Any pointers would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
Michael_Corral

Trying pasting the data/numbers from the Excel spreadsheet into the new
charts spreadsheet. It maybe using another spreadsheet that has no data in
it to generate the bars, just a thought.
--
Top Notch Admin

"Mike Williams" wrote:

With Office XP
I have an excel database and a word mailmerge form, and I'm merging to
outlook/email. In the merge form is a chart (not dynamic) generated in
Excel and pasted into the form. Yesterday, I used this setup from home and
merged/emailed, and the chart (a simple bar graph) came out fine. Today,
using the same files on a different PC (at the office), the chart comes out
fine except the bars are missing. I know of no settings different from one
machine to the other. Any pointers would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Mike Williams

I'm not at all sure I understand this.
More info: I create the chart in one excel file, from numerical data. I
paste the chart into a word document being used as a mailmerge form. then
save/exit/re-open the file. The mailmerge functionality links to a
different excel file that's the database for the merge. The chart displays
fine, before during and after the merge; prints fine, too, from Word. The
sent email, though, the output of the merge, is missing the data bars on
the chart.

The real puzzler is that it works fine from one machine, not from the
other.

wrote in
: