Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vikram Vikram is offline

Default create a text place holder

How to create Text place holder in Word and excel in Microsoft Office 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

There are several different ways in Word (I don't know about Excel).
See:

How to create a template that makes it easy for users to “fill in the
blanks”, without doing any programming
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...nTheBlanks.htm

--
Stefan Blom