Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wordpad not open Wordpad not open is offline

Default Wordpad/Not open Word 2003 in Word 2007

have installed new Word 2007 and downloaded FileFormatConverters.exe, but I
could not open any Word 2003. It asked me to Open or Save or Cancel - click
Open - pop up dialog box shows: TYPE: Microsoft Wordpad Application (Word
2003 shows: Microsoft Word Document.) -- then lots of unknow charaters, I
could not read.**** I can read and do my project.

How to change word type from "Microsoft WordPad Application" to "Microsoft
Word Document"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wordpad not open[_2_] Wordpad not open[_2_] is offline

Default Windows Wordpad/Not open Word 2003 in Word 2007

NEED HELP, PLEASE. sorry it poped up: "Windows Wordpad Application" not
Microsoft Wordpad Application, (sorry, it's my typo). Anyway, my new
computer with Word 2007, could not open any Word attachment.

How to open "Windows Wordpad Application"?????????

"Wordpad not open" wrote:

have installed new Word 2007 and downloaded FileFormatConverters.exe, but I
could not open any Word 2003. It asked me to Open or Save or Cancel - click
Open - pop up dialog box shows: TYPE: Microsoft Wordpad Application (Word
2003 shows: Microsoft Word Document.) -- then lots of unknow charaters, I
could not read.**** I can read and do my project.

How to change word type from "Microsoft WordPad Application" to "Microsoft
Word Document"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

FileConverters.exe is for Word versions 2000/2002/2003, not 2007, which
already has the ability to open WordPad files (RTF) and Word 2003 files
(DOC).
It sounds as though the documents were corrupted in transit and Word is
misreading them. Ask the sender to send them again, preferably zipped. Then
copy to the hard drive and unzip them before attempting to open them.