Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob

Default Fill-In Field Updates Prompts when in Header or Footer?

Hello All,
I'm having a problem with a Word2003 template. When I add a Fill-In
field within a document, it won't prompt me for it's value unless I update
it automatically. This is how I want it. When I have a Fill-In field in a
header or footer, it prompts me for its value every time I print or Print
Preview. Is there anyway to prevent this for the header and/or footer?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Answered in vba.general. Please do not multi-post. In the Microsoft Word
newsgroups it is considered bad form to post separate messages to multiple
newsgroups. If you need to post in more than one forum (unusual) please post
a single message with both forums in the header of that single message. That
way (1) your question and the various answers stay together, (2) less space
is used on the news servers, (3) less bandwidth is used on the Internet, (4)
you only have to check one forum for answers that appear in both forums, and
(5) you won't unnecessarily annoy the people you are asking for help. This
isn't meant to criticize you. We were all beginners once and the only way to
learn is to try. (BTW, a number of the Microsoft newsgroups don't want
posting in more than one newsgroup, period. Check the FAQ.)
Take a look on the MVP FAQ website under "getting help" for more reasons ase
well as other suggestions for getting answers more easily and quickly. URL:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FindHelp/Posting.htm

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.