Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Evan Evan is offline

Default Problems w/ Printing Modified Cover Pages in Word '07 Beta 2

Pretty much self-explanatory.

If I insert a "puzzle" layout cover page and print, it works fine.

If I insert a picture into the page, only the left colum (2/3s of page) is
sent to the printer.

Anything I'm doing wrong here?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I think it very much depends on how and where you insert the picture.
The Puzzle layout is a difficult one to work with, because the entire
page is already covered with a graphic box (if you click on the big
gray area, you'll see the "handles" at the corners and edges of the
box).

I was able to add a picture in the middle of the dark gray area this
way:

- Click in the white border to the right of the gray box. That puts
the cursor in the one-and-only real text paragraph (an empty paragraph
mark hidden behind the document title placeholder).

- Use the Insert Picture dialog. If you've left the options
unchanged, the picture will have "in line with text" wrapping, which
will force it to the next page.

- Right-click the picture and choose Text Wrapping In Front of Text.
The picture will jump back onto the cover page, floating in front of
everything else.

- Drag the picture to the desired position and resize it if needed.

If this still doesn't print properly, you may need to check the
printer manufacturer's web site for an updated driver.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman