Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ron Ron is offline

Default write with a pen

I understand you are supposed to be able to write in documents with a pen
using a pen tablet. How do you turn that function on?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

By installing the hardware.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Ron" wrote in message
I understand you are supposed to be able to write in documents with a pen
using a pen tablet. How do you turn that function on?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ron Ron is offline

It's a pen tablet. The pen came installed and workd just fine except for
microsoft office products.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

By installing the hardware.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Ron" wrote in message
I understand you are supposed to be able to write in documents with a pen
using a pen tablet. How do you turn that function on?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Ron,

If you're in Word 2002 there is a download that extends Office XP to support inking. If you're in Word 2003 it's an optional
installation feature (Alternative Input) from the MS Office choice in Add/Remove Programs in the Windows control panel.

If you're in Office 2007, this feature no longer works in desktop Windows version, but does work in the Windows Tablet PC version.

"Ron" wrote in message ...
I understand you are supposed to be able to write in documents with a pen using a pen tablet. How do you turn that function on?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP