Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BobW

Default Underlined text not printing properly

I have a word document emailed to me by a goverment agency. It appears to be
from some very old word processing application since it uses asterisks to
outline and divide things. When I print it out on our HP laser printers the
underlines shift one character to the right of the word they are underlining.
As in the first letter of an underlined word will not be underlined and the
space to the right of the word will. Print preview looks normal. Saving the
file as HTML and viewing it with a browser looks normal. Printing from the
browser gives the same result. After much head scratching and web searching
I did come up with a way to print it correctly by sending it to a Tiff file
and printing that. Any ideas how to make this print normally.

p.s cutting all the text out and pasting it into a new file doesn't help.

Garbled Text when Printing Azi Farooquee Microsoft Word Help 1 October 17th 05 09:48 PM
Losing right-hand text when printing Carole UK Microsoft Word Help 2 September 18th 05 06:41 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
text not printing donna Page Layout 1 December 17th 04 11:03 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM