Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gollum gollum is offline

Default Each time I record a macro, the next next one overrides previous

I am trying record macros in a template but each time I record a macro, it
overrides the previous one I just recorded. How can I stop this and save
each individual macro?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you giving the macros distinct names?

"gollum" wrote in message
I am trying record macros in a template but each time I record a macro, it
overrides the previous one I just recorded. How can I stop this and save
each individual macro?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gollum gollum is offline

Default Each time I record a macro, the next next one overrides previo

Yes I am so that is why I am confused. Doed it matter that I choose for them
ato apply to my custom template as opposed to the normal template?

"gollum" wrote in message
I am trying record macros in a template but each time I record a macro, it
overrides the previous one I just recorded. How can I stop this and save
each individual macro?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Macros saved in a custom template will only be available to documents
created from that template. Macros saved in normal.dot will be available to
all documents. Provided you give the macro a unique name (or accept the
default) it will be appended to rather than overwrite existing macros. See

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you giving the macros distinct names?

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"gollum" wrote in message
I am trying record macros in a template but each time I record a
macro, it overrides the previous one I just recorded. How can I
stop this and save each individual macro?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gollum gollum is offline

Thanks, Graham, I'll check it out.

"gollum" wrote in message
I am trying record macros in a template but each time I record a
macro, it overrides the previous one I just recorded. How can I
stop this and save each individual macro?

Form Generaters in Word Graham Beaumont Microsoft Word Help 2 May 17th 06 07:11 PM
Table in a Form HiDbLevel Tables 12 February 27th 06 12:59 PM
Mouse not working on macro record Dave Jamieson Microsoft Word Help 8 January 6th 06 02:39 PM
Macro doesn't work Anna Microsoft Word Help 9 October 17th 05 10:25 PM
Going To A Previous Record in Mail Merge KristoferMc Mailmerge 4 January 17th 05 11:29 AM