Hard time with page breaks

Old April 18th 05, 03:52 PM
Gadifer

Default Hard time with page breaks

Which combination of options will ensure that a page break is moved up
in a document? I may be doing too much all at once but what I have is a
journal with an auto open macro that goes to the end of the document,
inserts the date and then goes down two spaces so I can begin the entry.
I often get a page break in between the date and time line and the
beginning of the entry. I can't get the result I need by checking or
unchecking the various Keep With Next/Keep Lines Together/Widow Orphan
Control/Page Break Before options. How do I define a style to ensure
that a page break doesn't occur in between the time and date line and
the body of the journal entry?

Thanks,

Gadifer
Old April 18th 05, 05:07 PM

Create a style for the date line and format the paragraph as "Keep with
next." And don't press Enter to get a blank line, which merely complicates
the issue. Instead, add some Space After to the date style.