FINDING A DOCUMENT IN MY HARD DRIVE

Old July 6th 07, 08:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Desiree

Default FINDING A DOCUMENT IN MY HARD DRIVE

I need to locate a document in my hard drive by using a name of client that
was saved with a different name. Basically in the document the client's name
is written but file was saved in another name that I do not know. Is there a
way to do an external search for internal information? help!
Old July 6th 07, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules

Use Windows Explorer and do a search for *.doc containing the client's name.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Desiree" Desiree @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I need to locate a document in my hard drive by using a name of client that
was saved with a different name. Basically in the document the client's
name
is written but file was saved in another name that I do not know. Is
there a
way to do an external search for internal information? help!

How do I copy a document from my hard drive to a removeable disc? Colleen O Microsoft Word Help 1 June 15th 06 08:05 PM
find a saved document, or typed document on the hard drive John H. Microsoft Word Help 1 March 3rd 06 05:45 PM
Hard Drive Denise Microsoft Word Help 2 February 20th 06 04:50 AM
hyperlink footnotes in long document to documents on hard drive Mossy Microsoft Word Help 0 February 17th 06 12:59 AM
How do I save a file from my hard drive to a CD in my F drive? Big George Microsoft Word Help 2 January 26th 05 11:04 PM