SandiLuna

Default Why can't I copy from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Word

I am copying a table of TV programs from TV Guide.com using Internet Explorer
and trying to paste it into a word document. It worked fine and now will not
work. What is solution. This happened once before, in that it just stopped
after a couple of pastes, but when I restarted word it worked. I've just
rebooted whole system and it will not work.

Thank you.
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Are you getting some kind of error message? What version of Word is this? If
you display the clipboard task bar, do you see evidence that what you're
copying to the clipboard is there?

What if you copy/paste a single character? Does it work?

Also, what if you try to paste to WordPad or Windows Notepad? Does that
work?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"SandiLuna" wrote in message
I am copying a table of TV programs from TV Guide.com using Internet
Explorer
and trying to paste it into a word document. It worked fine and now will
not
work. What is solution. This happened once before, in that it just
stopped
after a couple of pastes, but when I restarted word it worked. I've just
rebooted whole system and it will not work.

Thank you.

SandiLuna

Dear Herb,
I tried the steps you mentioned. It did copy a single character so then I
went back and copied the larger portion of the table and when I tried to
paste it worked. How can I prevent this from happening in the future. I'm
copying portions of a table with hyperlinks and it works for a while, but
then just stops.

Thank you for your help.

Sandi

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Are you getting some kind of error message?

No.

What version of Word is this?

Microsoft Office Word 2003 (11.5604.6360)

If you display the clipboard task bar, do you see evidence that what you're
copying to the clipboard is there?

Don't know how to find clipboard taskbar.

What if you copy/paste a single character? Does it work?

Single character did copy and then was able to copy larger table.

Also, what if you try to paste to WordPad or Windows Notepad? Does that
work?
No.

Thank you Herb Tyson MS MVP