leuce leuce is offline
Junior Member

Location: Netherlands
Default Macro for converting strike/underline to tracked changes

Hello everyone

I have a nice macro that I got somewhere that converts tracked changes into actual formatting (strike-through and underline). I also have one that converts tracked changes into normal text and puts square brackets around inserted text and curly brackets around deleted text. (These macros are based on code from http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=68482 and http://wordribbon.tips.net/T012055_A..._Brackets.html.)

What I would very much like to have, though, is a macro that does the opposite. In other words, if an author used e.g. strike-through for deleted text and underline for inserted text, how can I convert the file so that strike-through text actually shows up as a tracked deletion, and the underlined text shows up as a tracked insertion? Or if he used square and curly brackets to surround inserted and deleted text, how can I convert it to actual tracked insertions and deletions?

In my files, text is never both underlined and strike-through, and I don't need to track multiple editors in a single document.

Do you know of a macro that does that? When I google for it, all I get are macros that convert tracks to something else (not the other way around).

I'm using Word 2003 and Word 2016 on Windows 7, by the way.

Thanks!
Samuel

Last edited by leuce : May 24th 19 at 09:31 AM
Guesst Guesst is offline
Banned

A word is banned and imposed for the full use of the options for the engagements. The volume of the success is fit for the assumed items for the field. The links of https://knowtechie.com/the-best-free...ssays-for-you/ are held for the optional ambit for the shirted element for the moves for the goals for the signs in this face.
Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

Finally, electric tea kettles are a great way to save energy. Since they don’t require you to use a stove, they save you energy and money on your monthly https://justteakettle.com/best-tea-kettle/ energy bill. In addition, they’re often more efficient than stove-top models, so you won’t be heating up more water than you need.