Rob

Default duplicate entries in table of contents

I have created a table of contents and am using a total of 3 layers within
it. There are a few duplicate entries, i.e the same layer listed twice with
the same page.

There is only one instance of this section, so I am not sure what is going
on. I have changed it to Body Text, updated the table, which removes it,
then place it back as a layer 3 and update the table, and the duplicate
entries are still there.

Any suggestions?
Stefan Blom

Is there a manual page break in the heading? If there is also a space or
tab character in the paragraph, this could cause the entry to be
repeated in the table of contents. To avoid this problem, remove the
manual page break and then format the paragraph which should start on a
new page with the "Page break before" option, found on the Line and Page
Breaks tab of the Paragraph dialog box (to open the dialog box, click
Paragraph on the Format menu).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rob" wrote in message
I have created a table of contents and am using a total of 3 layers

within
it. There are a few duplicate entries, i.e the same layer listed

twice with
the same page.

There is only one instance of this section, so I am not sure what is

going
on. I have changed it to Body Text, updated the table, which removes

it,
then place it back as a layer 3 and update the table, and the

duplicate
entries are still there.

Any suggestions?

Stefan Blom