Khawar Ahmad

Default how do i insert a page number on page 4, but not on the above page

i have a difficulty to create a microsoft word document in which i have to
insert a page number on page 4 but not on the rest of the above three pages.
On page 4 i want number 1. thats all my problem
Daiya Mitchell

See he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Khawar Ahmad

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

See he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

hey this link doesnt help me.
u please manually guide me.

Daiya Mitchell

I can't guide you any better than the article does, unless you happen to be
on a Mac, in which case I could translate, except that none appears to be
needed in this case.

What the article refers to as "front matter", is equivalent to your first 3
pages that you don't want to have numbers at all. Follow Step One and Step
Two and you will be done. Ignore the rest of it.

On 7/8/05 8:03 AM, "Khawar Ahmad" wrote:

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

See he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

hey this link doesnt help me.
u please manually guide me.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

The link Daiya provided gives step-by-step instructions for what you want to
do, but if they are not sufficient, try
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm. The bottom line is
that you need a section break between pages 3 and 4. You then need to unlink
Section 2 from Section 1, start numbering at 1 in Section 2, and insert a
page number in the header or footer of Section 2 only.

"Khawar Ahmad" wrote in message

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

See he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

hey this link doesnt help me.
u please manually guide me.

Khawar Ahmad

hi
"Suzanne S. Barnhill"
you were right but i hav one more question i.e., the method u give me is
right. i want to insert page numbers on the pages 5,6,7,8... page 2,3,4,...
respectively. plz answer this question to
Daiya Mitchell

When she said "insert page number" it does *not* mean type the number 1 into
the footer. Instead you click the # icon on the header/footer toolbar in
order to insert a page field which will automatically update itself on each
page. (the link I tried to get you to read had a nice little picture
making this clear)

If you inserted the page number in the header or footer on page 4, it will
automatically continue in the rest of the document. Check, you should see
it there.

*Please* stop posting new questions and continue on the same thread, so that
people will know what you have already been told and already tried.

On 7/8/05 10:11 AM, "Khawar Ahmad" wrote:

hi
"Suzanne S. Barnhill"
you were right but i hav one more question i.e., the method u give me is
right. i want to insert page numbers on the pages 5,6,7,8... page 2,3,4,...
respectively. plz answer this question to

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shweta Srivastava77 Shweta Srivastava77 is offline

Default how do i insert a page number on page 4, but not on the above

The link is not accessble. Please write the steps here itself as even am
having the same query.

Shweta Srivastava

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

See he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

On 7/8/05 6:31 AM, "Khawar Ahmad" wrote:

i have a difficulty to create a microsoft word document in which i have to
insert a page number on page 4 but not on the rest of the above three pages.
On page 4 i want number 1. thats all my problem

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

word.mvps.org seems to be temporarily unavailable. I'm sure it will be
back soon.

However, to create a front matter, you need to do this:

1. Insert a next page section break. This gives you two sections.

2. On the View menu, click Header and Footer. This activates the
header/footer area. Place the insertion point in the header or footer
(wherever you want the page numbers) of the second section.

3. On the Header and Footer toolbar, click the Link to Previous (Same as
Previous) button; this will make it possible to have different contents
for headers and footers. Note that, depending on the options chosen in
File | Page Setup, Layout tab, you might have up to three different
headers (footers) per section. Each type must be unlinked separately.

4. Click the Insert Page Number button to insert the page number.

5. On the Header and Footer toolbar, click the Format Page Number
button. In the Page Number Format dialog box, set the "Start at" number
to 1.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

See he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

On 7/8/05 6:31 AM, "Khawar Ahmad" wrote:

i have a difficulty to create a microsoft word document in which

i have to
insert a page number on page 4 but not on the rest of the above

three pages.
On page 4 i want number 1. thats all my problem

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

mvps.org must be in yo-yo mode; I got a message from another user yesterday
that one of my articles at sbarnhill.mvps.org was inaccessible. By the time
I answered the message, I had no trouble accessing the article, but I can't
do so now.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

See he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

On 7/8/05 6:31 AM, "Khawar Ahmad" wrote:

i have a difficulty to create a microsoft word document in which

i have to
insert a page number on page 4 but not on the rest of the above

three pages.
On page 4 i want number 1. thats all my problem

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackie[_2_] Jackie[_2_] is offline

I have exactly the same question. I want page one to start on page 4 and I
want the first three pages blank.
--
Jackie

"Khawar Ahmad" wrote:

i have a difficulty to create a microsoft word document in which i have to
insert a page number on page 4 but not on the rest of the above three pages.
On page 4 i want number 1. thats all my problem

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This was answered back on May 4th. Perhaps that message isn't available to
you anymore. In any case, the answer is provided he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible