Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ashley

Default Formatting Auto Corrections

Under Tools Auto Corrections there is a place to add your own auto
corrections. There is also an option to keep plain text or format the text.
However, right now this option isn't available to select. What do I need to
do to be able to select that option?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 19:15:27 -0800, Ashley
wrote:

Under Tools Auto Corrections there is a place to add your own auto
corrections. There is also an option to keep plain text or format the text.
However, right now this option isn't available to select. What do I need to
do to be able to select that option?

You can't create the formatted text within the dialog.

In the body of a document, create and format the final appearance of
the text you want as the replacement. Select that text and then open
the Tools AutoCorrect Options dialog. The "Formatted text" option
button should be available, and when you click it the selected text
should appear in the With box. Then just enter the shortcut in the
Replace box and click the Add button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman