Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Coover Leslie Coover is offline

Default Easier Way to Mark Index Items Word 2010?

After text has been highlighed, the shortcut keys to mark an item in Word 2010 a

€¢ Alt + Shift + X
€¢ Press Enter
€¢ Press ESC
€¢ Ctrl + Shift + *

I tried to make a macro to combine these steps into one shorcut. When I use my shortcut on the first entry it appears in my document when I show paragraph marks (¶) and when I create an Index. However, on the next entry it appears when ¶ is selected, but not when I update, or recreate the Index.

Any suggestions welcomed. I would like to find an easier way to mark an index item rather than going through all the steps listed above.

˜¼˜»˜¼

index file - sorting items Cees Mulder[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 9 January 12th 10 01:36 PM
index file - sorting items Cees Mulder[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 0 November 11th 09 08:25 AM
Mark Index EntryMark All Mark Index Entry>Mark All Mark [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 March 29th 06 12:09 AM
Mark An Index JS Microsoft Word Help 3 March 23rd 06 08:49 PM
How do you "Mark All" Index entries? Carla Microsoft Word Help 3 October 25th 05 03:22 PM