Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cees Mulder[_2_] Cees Mulder[_2_] is offline

Default index file - sorting items

I have a problem with sorting of lists in index files. In a large Word-file I
generate several Index files, using:
{INDEX \f "b" \e " " \c "2" \z "1033"}
to generate index file named "b".
It sorts "articles of a law", like e.g.:
{ XE "Art.75" \f "b" }
{ XE "Art.135" \f "b" }
{ XE "Art.4" \f "b" }
{ XE "Art.18" \f "b" }
The resulting list looks like:
Art.135 .... page#
Art.18 .... page#
Art.4 .... page#
Art.75 .... page#
And that is not what I want although I understand what is happening (sorting
alphanumeric).
Is there a known solution to this problem? Could it e.g. be possible to
include the word "Art." in the Index file definition, which is always printed
- then only the "numbers" could be indexed...?