Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Default Open Word document in exactly the state I closed it (Word 2007)

I use the outline feature quite a lot. Sometimes I might expand one heading
and leave the rest collapsed. It would be nice when I've finished for the
day, if I could then close the document and later reopen in exactly the same
state so that I could continue work where I left off. Instead, WOrd usually
reopens with all headings expanded, which means I then have the tedious task
of finding where I left off.
Maybe there's a macro that will do it?

Ps I have noticed on odd occasions that the document has indeed reopened in
the same state I left it - with one of the headings expanded and the rest
collapsed. I have tried to replicate this event without success.