Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lingospan Lingospan is offline

Default How can I make ctrl + c / ctrl + v work again? Only Paste Special

Only Paste Special UNFORMATTED TEXT will paste all of a sudden. Word 2007. It
used to work and suddenly stopped! Help?! Too many extra steps re-formatting!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TGluZ29zcGFu?=,

Only Paste Special UNFORMATTED TEXT will paste all of a sudden. Word 2007. It
used to work and suddenly stopped! Help?! Too many extra steps re-formatting!!

This sounds like it could be some kind of third-party software interfering with
the Clipboard. There've been reports of anti-virus software, for example, that
block parts of the Clipboard.

What have you installed recently?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lingospan Lingospan is offline

Default How can I make ctrl + c / ctrl + v work again? Only Paste Spec

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?TGluZ29zcGFu?=,

Only Paste Special UNFORMATTED TEXT will paste all of a sudden. Word 2007. It
used to work and suddenly stopped! Help?! Too many extra steps re-formatting!!

This sounds like it could be some kind of third-party software interfering with
the Clipboard. There've been reports of anti-virus software, for example, that
block parts of the Clipboard.

What have you installed recently?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

My son installed TimeTracker to get an idea of how much Internet time we use
so we'll know what we need to pay for when our ISP changes billing rates
based on usage. That's the only change that's occurred since I purchased the
laptop and put MS Home & Student and he put Thunderbird and Mozilla on it. I
also have Weatherbug because of hurricane season.

Linda Evans

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TGluZ29zcGFu?=,

Only Paste Special UNFORMATTED TEXT will paste all of a sudden. Word 2007. It
used to work and suddenly stopped! Help?! Too many extra steps re-formatting!!

This sounds like it could be some kind of third-party software interfering with
the Clipboard. There've been reports of anti-virus software, for example, that
block parts of the Clipboard.

What have you installed recently?

My son installed TimeTracker to get an idea of how much Internet time we use
so we'll know what we need to pay for when our ISP changes billing rates
based on usage. That's the only change that's occurred since I purchased the
laptop and put MS Home & Student and he put Thunderbird and Mozilla on it. I
also have Weatherbug because of hurricane season.

If you boot Windows in Safe Mode (which means nothing you've installed should load
automatically) does Word behave as it ought? If yes, then it's definitely something
running under Windows that's interfering (you may also have to consider viruses).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)