Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy[_3_] Kathy[_3_] is offline

Default How can I display the urls to hyperlinks in printed documents only?

I am using Word 07 to create a list of online resources. The
hyperlinks worked as expected. When you Ctrl-click on the title of an
online website, it takes you to the website. As long as my document is
distributed electronically, this is fine. But now I want to print out
this document to distribute to a class. No one knows how to get to a
website on the list, because the urls don't show up. So how do I get
this document to print so that the url of the hyperlinked text prints
out immediately after the text? Example:

Google (http://google.com) - easy to use search engine with lots of
options

Ideally the url would be in a slightly smaller font. It seems like
there should be a style or option to accomplish this, but I can't find
it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 7 dec, 17:57, Kathy wrote:
I am using Word 07 to create a list of online resources. The
hyperlinks worked as expected. When you Ctrl-click on the title of an
online website, it takes you to the website. As long as my document is
distributed electronically, this is fine. But now I want to print out
this document to distribute to a class. No one knows how to get to a
website on the list, because the urls don't show up. So how do I get
this document to print so that the url of the hyperlinked text prints
out immediately after the text? Example:

Google (http://google.com) - easy to use search engine with lots of
options

Ideally the url would be in a slightly smaller font. It seems like
there should be a style or option to accomplish this, but I can't find
it.

I don't think its directly possible, but something along the lines of
the following macro might work

Public Function ConvertHyperlinks()
Dim fld As Field

For Each fld In ActiveDocument.Fields
If fld.Type = wdFieldHyperlink Then
fld.Select
Selection.InsertAfter (" (" + Replace(Split(fld.Code.Text,
" ")(1), Chr(34), "") + ")")
End If
Next

End Function

Yves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy[_3_] Kathy[_3_] is offline

On Dec 7, 2:36*pm, p0 wrote:
On 7 dec, 17:57, Kathy wrote:

[...]

Thank you. Once I joined the line that begins with "Selection" to the
following line, it worked just fine. Is it possible to reduce the text
size of the url as well in this same macro? Since some urls are quite
long it would help cut down on the length of the final document.