Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kjf kjf is offline

Default Turning hyperlinks BACK to full path URLs

Hi, I've seen a lot of detailed answers about how to convert URLs into Word
hyperlinks and how to edit them, but I need to do the opposite. I use Word to
edit text from several people, but need to cut-and-paste the text into a
content management system to be posted online. To do that I need Word to
display the full URL.

Turning off the Internet path option in AutoCorrect keeps me from having to
retype my own URLs. But is there a way to convert hyperlinks in the documents
other people send me back to the proper URL?

Right now I have to Edit Hyperlink, then make the change on each one by
hand. Macros make it quicker, but each link still takes several steps.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If the display text of the hyperlink is the same as the URL, you can put the
cursor on it and press Ctrl+Shift+F9 to change it to plain text
(technically, "unlinking" the hyperlink field).

However, if the display text is something else, like "click here", that's
what would appear if you unlinked it. Then you're stuck with the workarounds
you already have.

If you have a macro to replace a hyperlink with its URL, you can assign that
macro to a hotkey or a toolbar button to make it one step to run:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...roToHotkey.htm or
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oToToolbar.htm.

--
Regards,