Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
archie archie is offline

Default Recover a forgotten password in Word 2000?

I have a .doc form that is locked. I don't have the password to unlock it so
that I can make some changes to the form. How can I recover the password to
unlock the form? I'm using Word 2000.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Start a new document, use Insert-File to insert your form into the new
document, and the password protection should be removed.

Archie wrote:

I have a .doc form that is locked. I don't have the password to unlock it so
that I can make some changes to the form. How can I recover the password to
unlock the form? I'm using Word 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're lucky. If it had been a password to open (instead of a password
for forms), then it would be very difficult or impossible to open the
file without the password. Lesson for the day: Don't forget the password!

Archie wrote:

I have a .doc form that is locked. I don't have the password to unlock it so
that I can make some changes to the form. How can I recover the password to
unlock the form? I'm using Word 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CVF CVF is offline

is there anyway yo open a word mac2004 doc thats locked with a password my
tennage daughter is hiding something and im worried for her

Archie wrote:

I have a .doc form that is locked. I don't have the password to unlock it so
that I can make some changes to the form. How can I recover the password to
unlock the form? I'm using Word 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the document is protected against opening, there is no easy way into that
document. If there was, there would be no point in having a password. Forms
are a rather different issue
http://www.gmayor.com/Remove_Password.htm Spying on your daughter may make
a difficult problem worse.