Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The_Best_is_Simple The_Best_is_Simple is offline

Default Word 2007 Forms

In Word 2003 it was a simple toggle of the lock to protect and unprodect a
form doument.

I need to update a form I created in Word 2003. When I click the Document
Protect button, the panel says that the document is protected from
unintentional editting. I tried the Stop Protection button, but it requires a
password, which I don't have, since I never password protected the file.

What's the missing trick for updating a legacy form in 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You can add the Lock icon to the Quick Access Toolbar by going into
the Customize dialog and looking in the category Commands Not In the
Ribbon.

But that won't help if the form protection has somehow acquired an
unknown password (or at least it thinks it has). You'd get the same
popup from the Lock icon that you get from the task pane.

Fortunately, form protection passwords are easy to remove. Open a new
blank document and use Insert Object Text From File to insert the
text of the form document into it. See the illustrated instructions at
http://www.gmayor.com/Remove_Password.htm, in the section "Alternative
method".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 17:05:01 -0800, The_Best_is_Simple
wrote:

In Word 2003 it was a simple toggle of the lock to protect and unprodect a
form doument.

I need to update a form I created in Word 2003. When I click the Document
Protect button, the panel says that the document is protected from
unintentional editting. I tried the Stop Protection button, but it requires a
password, which I don't have, since I never password protected the file.

What's the missing trick for updating a legacy form in 2007?

Word 2007 forms Deb R Microsoft Word Help 1 March 11th 09 11:07 PM
Word Forms 2007 Elizabeth New Users 2 January 17th 09 06:13 AM
Word 2007 Forms Rich Hall New Users 1 December 18th 08 01:43 PM
Creating Word forms in 2007 for users in 2003 and 2007 Debbie Microsoft Word Help 7 October 19th 08 06:37 PM
Word 2007 and Forms The Chomp Microsoft Word Help 4 May 28th 06 08:45 PM