Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bell Bell is offline

Default Word reverting to default file location

Hi All!
I am running into strange word file open issue. Please help with some ideas.

Problem:

We have the default location of the documents set to F drive by going into
tools and Options and then file locations.

When we open a document from the folder deep within the F drive, and after a
short while we hit the file open again in the same word window, without
closing the document, it shows other documents from the same folder.
And thats what we like.

Now for some reason, after some time, when I am working on a documentA in
the F:\mydocs\issues\word folder, and I hit the file open again to show other
documents within in the folder, it takes me all the way out to the F: drive.
And I have to click all the subfolders again to get to where I was at.

We have XP SP2 with Word 2000 patched.

Please provide some ideas.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sarah_Lecturer Sarah_Lecturer is offline

What about selecting the folder, clicking tools (within the Open box) and
adding it to "My places" then it would take one click to access the folder -
Ive added all my frequently used folders

Hope this helps

Sarah xx

"bell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bell Bell is offline

Hi Sarah!
Thank you for the reply. But, its not going to help us. As we have many
folders within the main F drive. And If I start creating seperate my places
for each folder, then it will get out of hand.
There is some issue that is causing the Word to reset its current document
folder to the default document folder after some time.
And I need to get that fixed.
It didn't used to do that before.

It must be some new un-anounced feature.

Thanks.